Small victories are highly essential in order to drive success. Certainly we all enjoy having that massive, earth-shattering success, that triumph of a large proposal over your dozen other competitors or that recognition award that places you right smack in the “elite” class within the industry. However, in most cases, it is that little contract win, that glowing client recommendation or that brand-new client account that aids the growth of your company. Even managing to clear out your inbox of thousands of emails counts as a small victory.
However it’s not merely understanding the significance of small victories; celebrating them is just as equally important. All major successes are built with small successes, so why not celebrate it?
• It will make you really happy – small victories mean progress, and progress feels good. You do not need to wait for “someday” in order to feel happiness.
• It motivates you – celebrating small victories will lift your spirits and provide you with the boost to keep going. It is essentially reminding you that you are successful and on the right path.
• It builds your confidence – celebrating small victories is like putting funds on your confidence bank. Funds that are needed so you can overcome upcoming challenges.
• Give yourself an “off day” where you take a break from work and relax
• Have lunch / dinner at your favorite restaurant along with your good friends
• Do something nice (preferably random) for someone
• Go nature tripping and hike in the woods
• Bake your favorite pastry and share it with friends / co-workers
• Go see an inspirational movie
• Go on a weekend road trip
• Share a bottle of champagne with your significant other
• Buy an album of your favorite artist (that you don’t own yet)
Men and women, no matter, whom or where, love to be acknowledged for their hard work. Celebrating small victories achieves just that, only you are doing it to yourself. Make your victories special and they will become more memorable.